AMAZING things come to those who wait!!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, December 15, 2008

In Loving Memory....

The past few days were pretty bittersweet. As I enjoy and relish in the sheer excitement of being blessed with Spencer, I have also had to re-mourn the loss of my father, Steven. This past Friday would have been his 56th birthday. Three years ago, I was told that it would get easier as time went on; I assure you that it hasn’t. We have certainly accepted the fact that he is no longer with us, but nothing has become easier. I fear that one day I won’t remember the sound of his voice, and it breaks my heart that my son, nephews, and nieces will never have the chance to know what a great person their Grandfather Steven was. I have plenty of pictures and a copy of an infomercial that he and I both did to share, but it’s not the same. I know that this is still even more difficult for my mother, and will probably never move on, but she still continues through the healing process; he was not only her husband, yet he was her best-friend as well.

I look forward to the day when I can sit Spencer down, and share the many pictures, stories, and recipes that represent my father. I will forever miss and love you…may you forever rest in peace.

Steven A. Wolf
December 12, 1952 – July 16, 2005
My Father and I, June 2004 at a wedding.

My father and I at my graduation party, June 2005

1 comment:

Farrah said...

RIP Steven...

And how did Spencer get to be a month old already!!! WOW