AMAZING things come to those who wait!!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Welcome to 35 Weeks......

and BED REST!!! So, after a long night of what I thought was a really bad decision of a late dinner consisting of Chinese leftovers, I have been placed on a 1 week bed rest order. I had been having an extreme amount of pressure all day yesterday and throughout the night, so I called into work this morning and left a message on the OBGYN's voicemail. Needless to say, after my first internal exam, I'm not quite 1cm dilated, but I'm more than 0cm dilated...OH, and his head is literally, right there. So, you'll be finding me in odd positions trying to keep little Tofurkey in the oven for at least one more week. Per the doctor this morning, once a patient goes into labor after 36 weeks, they won't try to stop it from happening.
I'll be fine....no worries!!!
Here is what babycenter.com has to say about being 35 weeks:

Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

No comments: